Tuesday, November 8, 2011

'Tis The Season

Halloween is always the start of the rough road for me, but this year it seemed to hit a little sooner.  With health issues knocking me down and keeping me from doing much for weeks, along with a few other events, the thoughts of the holidays and family time came sooner.  My little girl has been in the front of my mind lots lately.  It was great that we had our support group meeting this past weekend about the holidays.  For some reason, we didn't get the pumpkins carved this year and I hope that is not a sign of what is to come for us throughout the season.  It is always bittersweet to welcome new families to group as we know their loss and the days they have ahead of themselves, but we are there to provide support for each other and hopefully make some things easier for them by sharing our experiences.  

The girls were in their groups as well doing their own group therapy as well.  Mady's group spent time talking about angels among other things.  Seeing her papers and writings brought me to tears with her thoughts and feelings written down.  One line asked what you thought your loved one would say in a return letter.  Her response, "I miss you. Say Hi to Mommy."  Elly's group is still more play therapy, but I know Abby has been on her mind lately too.  She has taken to praying little prayers throughout the day.  She prays, "God and Jesus, Please take care of my sister Abby.  And Granny.  And Wendy.  And our dog Molly.  Amen"    

No comments:

Post a Comment