Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Number 3

This was our third Christmas spent with Abby in Heaven. I don't know that I would say I "count" the holidays spent without our Abrielle here, but it's more that I just know. While it was better that year one, I don't know that I can say it was better than year two. In fact, it may have been the opposite. We were snowed in like most everyone else, so the distraction of playing cards and games with our local family was not there. Instead, we did our best to stay busy playing with the girls all day, but Mom and Dad are only fun for so long. That's when that spot of emptiness begins to spread, bringing tears. That's when the fact that one little girl is missing can no longer be "distracted" away. To make things worse, that snow also kept us from going to see our little girl and has in fact still kept us from visiting her resting place. (I understand that cemeteries are not a top priority for crews to clean and am patiently waiting for the drive to be cleaned out so we can scoop our way to Abby's grave the way we did after the last snow storm.)

Three stockings were hung from the hangers on Christmas Eve, waiting for Santa to fill two of them.


Santa did not forget about Abrielle though. He left stuffed animals and games under our Abby tree for the Foundation.
Some of the sights of Elly enjoying her new Christmas gifts were almost too much as she reminded us so much of her older sister this year. She too loves to dress up and received a trunk full of Barbie Princess dress up clothes. Elly immediately stripped down to put on the fancy clothes, just like Abby did the year she received hers.


I also want to apologize for my lack of posting these last few weeks, but to be honest, the holidays have been hard for me. Getting through the day is just about all I get accomplished some days. I have quite a bit to catch up on for Foundation posts and will do that soon. Thanks for your support and understanding.

3 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about you a lot, and I will continue to do so~ big hugs, Darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not do this, but I am thinking of doing it next year. I read it on a widow's blog. You could write letters to Abby and put them in her stocking so hers still has things in it. I totally know it is not the same as being filled with what it should be, but it would keep it from being empty and maybe give you a chance to tell Abby you love her in a special way. Just a thought. I am praying for you this holiday season and hoping 2010 brings healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ,I do not know you or your family , but I was on google and I cam across this page, it is just terrible what happened to you and your family , Abbrielle was such a beautiful angel ,what you are doing has touched me deeply , and although I am from Canada and am only 16 ,I was wondering if next Christmas I did a teddy bear drive on behalf of your foundation if I could mail it to you or something. You are doing such a good thing for the world and for your little angel..
    I am so sorry for your family
    my deepest condolences,
    Erika Armstrong
    (L)

    ReplyDelete