Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Strength

Today I ask for prayers ~ prayers for strength as I attempt another first in this journey. Today I will be speaking at the docudrama for area wide high school sophmores. This is where a mock accident is recreated, showing the effects of driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs. This will be my first time telling our story in public. I have spoken many times at many different places about the Foundation, but this will be different. This will be about how a driver with alcohol in his system tore our family apart and changed our lives forever (and no, this is not a bash the other driver speech. His name will not be mentioned in my speech until I say the fact of him being sentenced and that is it. It is my side of the story, from my vantage point and I did not know who they other driver was until later). My goal for the speech is simple ~ make an impact on just one life. Yes, I hope to touch more than just one, but one is a great place to start and I will build from there. I want our story to make the students there think before they climb into that vehicle, whether they are the driver or the passenger. So, prayers for strength today please.

6 comments:

  1. we will be there today to show our support, I already said a prayer for you sweety~!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! You are strong enough to do anything you set your heart and mind to. love ya Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you today!
    Bel Daniels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of prayers for you today and always. Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord, We ask that you will bind Brenda with strength today as she confronts another challenge in her never ending struggle. We pray Lord that you let her words echo in each one of these ears every time they are confronted with this choice to make and that her tears will make a reflection for these people to see, reminding them that they too can make the safer stronger decision to choose life, both theirs and everyone elses. We know God that you and Abby are watching over her and the rest of the family, carrying her thru this and every day forth to come. We Thank You Lord for the small blessings You give us everyday that keep us going, knowing they are gifts from you. In Your Name, Jesus, we pray this..Amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, My name is Janet Scheffe. I am the secretary for St. Gregory's School. My son was at that today. You really touched him. He just turned 16 last week and got his driver's license. He had a bunch of balloons he had brought home from walking at Relay for Life. He was cleaning his room tonight and said he was going to let them go outside and when he did, he said this is for Abby. God Bless all of you.

    ReplyDelete