Monday, July 28, 2008

Vacation Bible School

In working my way backwards... I was asked to be the guest in the Community Corner for Ravenwood Christian Chruch's Vacation Bible School on July 14th. Children from the age of 3 up to 6th grade came to the community corner every 20 minutes to listen to me speak about the Foundation. It was nice having the kids separated by ages that way I was able to talk about different aspects of the Foundation to different groups. I was able to discuss the Abby's Gift program to the older kids since organ donation is something they can grasp. The little ones consisted of 3,4, and 5 year olds and was a large group. Obviously with them it was all I could do to get through a few minutes of Abby's Hugs. I think every one of them had to tell me a story about getting hurt or getting a shot. I love preschoolers! They did ask a few tough questions that caught me off guard and brought tears to my eyes (Where's your Abby now? In Heaven is my reply, How did she get there? An angel took her is my reply, Did you bury her? Yes is my reply, How is she in Heaven then? Her body stayed here but her soul went to Heaven is my reply) but that's how they learn. Some of the kids brought in coloring books and crayons to give and we also received the cutest little homemade minke teddy bear.
~Brenda~

No comments:

Post a Comment