Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Weekend Events

This past weekend we attended a grief support meeting provided by CMH. This time the topic was Handling the Holidays, a topic that we need help with every year. We were able to catch up with friends we've made there before and meet some new ones experiencing their first holidays without their child. We were also able to take the girls for a session just for kids. They made memory boxes and did other play therapy while talking about their sibling.

After the support group meeting, I went to visit the Degase's at the hospital. I took Deryk things from the Foundation, including a lizard, a car, and a stuffed iguana. I think he enjoyed them. In visiting Deryk, I had to go to the PICU. The last time I was there was when we said goodbye to Abby. Wow, was that tough. I had my brave face on, but it really bothered me to be in that space again, just a few rooms down from where we were two and a half years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment