Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The last ...

Saturday, March 24th, 2007 was several "lasts" for our family. This was the last time we gathered at my parent's house for a family dinner with our Abby still here. We spent the afternoon playing outside with the kids, all 4 of the cousins together for the last time. I am so glad someone grabbed a camera as we played (and surprised it wasn't me) to take these, the last pictures we have of Abrielle. She is smiling, laughing and having so much fun on the swingset. She had to help "Baby Tyler" on the slide, even though he was just about as big as she was.




I know it's hard to see, but the outfit she is wearing is what we buried her in. It is a long-sleeved pink shirt and skirt with a flower print. It was one of her favorites, so I'm sure most of you know exactly what one I'm talking about. The outfit came with matching panty cover, but Abby considered those her panties and would refuse to wear any under them. So, that too is how she wore them in the casket.


1 comment:

  1. I am glad I had my camera that day and was able to catch these memories for we did not know they would be the last pictures we would get to take-Becci

    ReplyDelete