Monday, August 31, 2009

Crack Down

I have to say thank you to the Nodaway County Sheriff's Office for what I read in the Nodaway News Leader on Friday. The article states that the Sheriff Department will be cracking down on impaired drivers now through September 7th during Missouri's You Drink and Drive You Lose campaign. The article stated that law enforcement efforts will be increased in order to reduce deaths and serious injuries caused by impaired drivers.

There is a quote in the article from Sheriff Darren White that I would like to share. "Driving while intoxicated is one of the most violent crimes, randomly killing or injuring someone in Missouri every 1.7 hours. These tragedies are preventable when drivers make a simple, smart choice not to drink and drive." This quote echoes what I said in my victim impact statement and I hope people listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment