Friday, August 28, 2009

To Keep Her Close

When we lost Abby, my sweet sister Beth thought that we would want to have her close to us still in some way and brought us fingerprint kits. At the time we thought this was such a great idea, but I don't think we knew how much exactly it would mean to us. We had the kits made into necklaces for Marc, Mady, Elly, both Grandmas, and myself. Later copies were made for the aunts. These necklaces have meaning beyond words for us. Marc's has never left his neck and mine only comes off at night. We let Mady wear hers on special occasions for now and Elly will get to wear hers when she is old enough to understand. I am constantly touching and rubbing my fingerprint charm to feel close to Abby.

http://www.prariecreations.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment