Monday, March 16, 2009

Did you watch ER?

I know I've talked about watching ER before and Thursday's episode was another one that hit close to home. The entire show was about organ donation. It showed both sides of the process, which was nice for me to see. It showed the donor family struggle as they had to come to grips with the fact that their loved one was gone and being supported by machines. They then had to make the decision of donation, which in the end they did. The show also gave me a glimpse into the other side as the recipients tearfully celebrated their good fortune of being selected for an organ and the life saving surgeries that followed.
Please everyone, tell your loved ones your wishes to donate, so that you may save lives too.

1 comment:

  1. Brenda, I am going to be an organ donor. Melanie and I were talking; she said she has already done that on her driver's license.

    Love, Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete