Thursday, August 7, 2008

Back to School Time

It's that time of year when everyone is full of excitement and anticipation as school is about to begin for the year. Everyone is running around gathering school supplies and new clothes. Unfortunatly in our household the excitement is accompanied by tears. As I went to register Madyson today, I was hoping for a quick in and out because I didn't know how long my smiles would last. I made it back to the car before the tears started. Abrielle should be starting kindergarten this year. She would be 5.


The week has been hard with everything just building, especially after the accident. We spent the weekend at Becci's and it still feels like we are leaving Abby behind anytime we go somewhere. There were tears as we were leaving and even more tears when we came back home. We always have to stop by the cemetery to tell her goodbye before we leave and go see her as soon as we get home. I know this probably seems strange to some people, but it's the only way I can be gone. We did have a good time with the girls but as I was looking back thru the pictures we took, I noticed something strange. Every picture we took of the girls together, there is a gap in between them. It was not intentional but looked so symbolic, like it was space for Abby. I don't think I would have even noticed it, but it was every picture.



This is one of the pictures of the girls at the Children's Zoo.


~Brenda


No comments:

Post a Comment