Friday, August 22, 2008

Pennies

Pennies might not mean much to some people, but to us they are a gift. After our eyes were opened to the idea of pennies from Heaven, we started seeing them everywhere. We find them in the most unusual places too. Just thought I would share the poem I wrote about them.

Pennies From Heaven

From the clouds
I drop them down
To bring a smile
From that frown

With not much worth
It's just a small token
To lift your spirit
When you feel broken

Cash in my pocket
I no longer need
So I place them carefully
Where you can see

Shiny or dull
Upon the ground,
Pick it up
And look around.

No one's lost this
penny you see.
It was dropped with love
from Heaven by me.

~Brenda

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful poem. It truly touched my heart. You see, Abby was my niece. We didn't get to see her very often, as we live about 8 hours away, but we heard about things that she had done or said through her grandma, Phyllis. My husband, Jerry Pendergrass is a brother to grandma Phyllis. We love you guys. Love, Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete