Monday, August 18, 2008

Some days are tough...

I guess I should have known this postcard would be coming. We received one last year too. Children's Mercy Hospital has begun planning the annual Memorial Service and needs a picture of Abrielle. Last year we weren't sure we were going to attend and didn't get one sent in. We were actually kind of glad we didn't have one there because it was hard enough just being there without seeing our little girl on the big projector with her dates under her name. The postcard just seemed to set off my emotions which have been on edge anyway with school starting. It is just hard to read that they want a picture of your "deceased child." I'm sure there are not any better words, I think it is just the whole back to school time that has me extra sensitive. I will post Abby's first day of preschool picture later this week.
~Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment