Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Get Well JackJack

Our JackJack is not himself. We are puzzled as to what is wrong. I switched his cat food 3 weeks ago, but he had been eating it up until last week. One of Mady's morning chores is to feed the cats and that includes JackJack. Finally last Thursday she told me he had not been eating his food so I'm not real sure how many days this had gone on. So I dumped out all the food that was in his bowl thinking maybe it had gotten wet or something and put all fresh in. Well, this didn't work. He still didn't touch it. Then on Friday the poor guy got diarrhea...not a good thing for an inside cat, but thank goodness he made it to his litterbox every time. Saturday he still wasn't any better so I called the vet and had Marc get him some medicine and some of his old kind of kitty food, hoping this would fix everything. No luck. He has been 4 days eating on what he normally would eat in one and still having loose stool (ew!). So another call to the vet today to try and figure out what's wrong with my furry boy and we were told to bring in a stool sample (ew again) tomorrow to make sure there's nothing going on that can be told from that. When I was talking to the vet, we were going over anything that might have changed other than his food, anything different or stressful in the house. I remembered that JackJack went with me into Abby's room that weekend when we cleaned Mady's room. This was the first time he had been in her room. He was sniffing around and I had to pick him up and carry him out because he was too busy nosing around to come when I called. I know animals are pretty smart. You hear of them not eating and things like that when their owners are away, so I don't know if JackJack is just sad, missing his Abby. Don't know, but I sure hope he gets over this soon because I think it is contributing to my not sleeping again (among other things). I promised Abby I would take care of her JackJack so I can't let anything happen to him (hence the reason for an inside kitty now). He was just really special to her. I'll let you know what we find out from the vet, and if anyone knows how to make a cat un-depressed (if this is the problem), please let me know. He's pretty special to us.
~Brenda

1 comment:

  1. JACK JACK!! You didnt tell me this! He just needs his Aunt Becci!

    ReplyDelete