Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's Going to be a Long 2 Months

I had to go to Walmart last night for diapers and a few other things while Mady was at dance. I was greeted by a tall Christmas tree in the entry. Not what I was expecting since it is barely November. I did venture back into that dreaded section to find some ornaments for Abby's tree that we will be putting at the cemetery. They had some small rubber Princess sets and Cars sets. I called Marc to ask which one and we just decided to get both. I left that section in tears. After venturing out into the store to get what I really came for, I heard the Christmas music playing. I'm not sure why I didn't hear it before, I guess I was thinking of everything I needed to get (had a list for a girl scout project that I was preoccupied with). The music just made everything worse. I hustled around to get what I needed so I could get out of there. Needless to say I am not looking forward to the next 8 weeks.

On another note, all the positive thoughts must have helped because JackJack has finally started eating! He had eaten his bowl full of food by this morning. I am so relieved! If something happened to him I know I would be a mess. I promised Abby.

~Brenda

2 comments:

  1. Must be something about the music because I left Walmart the other day in tears too after the music and Christmas lights. I kept seeing things that I want for Brian's tree, and it just made me angry. I say some extra prayers for you to face what life keeps throwing you. Take care,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda,
    I want you to know how much I admire your strength. I hope to meet you someday. I appreciate your blog, support and all that you have done for organ donation. It is the greatest gift anyone can give.
    I can't imagine how hard of a decision it was but want you to know
    what a gift it was for so many small children. I see so many of them here daily, besides Kyle, waiting for the gift of life. I have thought of you and your little Abrielle a lot. Working as a nurse at the hospital I was able to give some of the gift bags, and stuffed animals you donated to sick children when they were there. It really did put smiles on their faces. You and your family are such an inspiration and know that you are changing the world.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete