Monday, November 10, 2008

Let's Spring Forward

I am not liking the time change at all this year. It has just totally messed up our Sunday routine. Every Sunday we order pizza from Junction Pizza, go see Abby, then pick up our pizza. Last Sunday with the time change, Elly was starving by the time we got finished with the fundraiser at Guys and Dolls, so we ate before we headed home. By the time we got home it was dark and couldn't go to the cemetery. I was kind of upset, but we had spent the day thinking of her so I decided it was ok. It's dark when I get off work now so I knew there would be no chance of getting over there before the weekend. So I was determined to get there this Sunday. Time started slipping away and before I knew it, it was getting dark. I hustled around and ran over to the cemetery by myself and didn't get to stay too long. I know that most of you have been there to visit Abby, so these pictures are mainly for family and friends that don't live very close. I snapped a couple of pics so you could see her stone. We picked out the pink granite teardrop shape last July, but didn't finalize what we wanted on it until the end of April this year. We were so happy they were able to have it finished before Memorial Day.

Some people have asked what the "symbol" is on the back. It's her letter A. We had them copy one of the ones that she had written and they engraved it on the back. I did remove a few of the decorations yesterday, but just the Halloween ones. I put out a turkey stake and a scarecrow. The cemetery is great up there and lets us leave her grave decorated all the time. We take care of the weeding and we trim the grass on her site since the ground has not settled to level yet. Anyway, this is where we get to spend our "family time" on Sundays now.

~Brenda

2 comments:

  1. Brenda, thank you so much for sharing the pictures of Abby's stone. We haven't had a chance to the stone. Thank you once again.
    Love, Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, just found your blog via Scrapwords. Thanks so much for sharing your link.

    Abby's stone is beautiful. What a wonderful tradition you have to see her weekly.

    I don't know what you've been through, I can only try to understand and offer my support. God Bless you and your dear family. Abby is so blessed to have you as a mom.

    I enjoyed visiting with you the other day. Thanks so much for supporting me.

    Have a happy day, Brenday!
    Les

    ReplyDelete