Monday, November 17, 2008

Time to Bag

We are planning on bagging this Saturday night (the 22nd) at 7:30. I guess I've lost track of time and am trying to squeeze this in before the holidays get busy for everyone. We don't have gobs of animals like usual, but we will have to work on the teeny ones for gifts for the preschoolers. I'll post more info about Saturday as soon as I get it all figured out.

I also wanted to share something that I can't seem to get out of my head. I am a huge ER fan and have been since the show started. Since the accident there have been a few times that I just could not watch because it hit too close to home, but for the most part I don't miss an episode. Last Thursday I watched as one of the new doctors on the show battle through flashbacks of losing her son. I sat there and cried, not able to turn the channel. She said something that has stuck with me since then. When you lose your parents, you're an orphan. When you lose your spouse they call you a widow/widower. But when you lose your child....they don't have a word for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment