Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Shopping ..... Check

I went with Beth to Omaha on Saturday afternoon to get my Christmas shopping done. I was quite pleased with how I did, only a couple more things to get, and no tears in the store. Beth was proud of me too. It might sound silly, but I think it kind of helped shopping in a different location than I had before for the girls. We spent most of the time in Lake Manawa and Becci came over and joined us for supper and more shopping after she got off work. I did wear down and was "done" before anyone else, but that was ok. I cried most of the way home from Beth's, partly because every station was playing Christmas songs at that hour (11 pm), but I think that helped keep me awake. By the time I got home I was exhausted, but felt better for getting the shopping done. I think sitting there stewing about doing it was only making it worse. So, shopping, done!
I was also glad I was able to find a tree and the decorations for our Abby Tree. It was really bothering me that we had the other trees out and not one for her.
Tomorrow I will be going to St. Gregory's to work with the first and seventh graders on decorating cards. They raised $50 from their lemonade stand at their rummage sale for the Foundation! They will be purchasing stuff to donated to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment