Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Harvest Time

Harvest is here and I thought it would be the perfect time to show off my little farmers. Here are Marc and the girls playing with his old farm toys. They are playing in Abby's room, but it was before I painted it green and put cute little bugs all over the walls. This will give you a small glimpse of her room. Hopefully someday I will be able to share pictures of her room how she left it. I will have to wait for one of my strong days for that because all I can do now is cry every time I go in there. Everything is just waiting for her to come back. It's sad. Besides Marc, Mady and I, only one other person has gone in her room. That was you MeMe and I guess the Hart's man does when he sprays for bugs. Ok, enough of that, here's the pictures of the little carpet farmers in action.I think these were taken on a weekend in the winter and everybody had put on comfy clothes after being outside in the cold. Abby has a combine in this one. Abby's taking her combine over to Daddy's tractor and wagon with a semi waiting for their grain. I'm not sure what Mady has.Abby was so excited to find a "bobby cat" in with Daddy's tractors! She loved playing with her bobby cats. She had a big one and a little one that we would take to Mady's t-ball games for her to play with in the dirt. She was also given a motorized one to ride from Tom Parker. She absolutely loved that thing! She would scoop stuff up with its bucket (usually a cat) and she'd be off. I have to mention too that she is wearing one of her "Becci shirts" as she called them. When Aunt Becci worked at Sport Shop, she always had to make the girls shirts. Abby's favorites were the ones with the NW paw print on them and she would wear them every day if we would let her. You might also notice too how she picked up her room...everything is heaped in one of the toy baskets, while one is empty in the earlier pictures.

~Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I sit here crying at the computer, I didn't know that I had been the only person in Abby's room besides you guys since that day. There is not a week that goes by that I don't think about you and wish we lived closer. I read your blog weekly, but can't post when on the computer at school. I love you and feel so honored that you shared her room with me, thank you. I know she is up there and so proud of her mommy and all she has done to keep her memory alive!! Love you, MEME

    ReplyDelete